Our technicians at Preferred Air work with all types of heating systems with the quality and affordability you should expect from your contractor. Keep your home or business warm this winter with our services.
Some signs that your heating system may need repairs:
We recommend scheduling repairs as soon as possible to avoid more damage to the heating system or a sudden loss of heating. If your heating breaks, call us for our 24/7 emergency services.
Note: Preferred Air does not cover mold diagnosis, remediation and removal or duct cleaning.
When repairs are no longer an option, or your system is over ten years old, it’s time to start thinking about purchasing a new heating system. Advances in home heating technology means that a new furnace can be up to 40% more efficient than your current one.
The difference to your checkbook can add up to hundreds of dollars per year. Plus, today’s systems are quieter and more dependable. Not sure which type of heating system is right for you? Please call us and we’ll be happy to answer any of your questions or concerns
Cold weather can arrive quickly here in the North Shore area, so when you need heat, your system needs to be working at its best. Save yourself from expensive emergency repairs and replacements by having our professionals keep your equipment in its best condition. Doing so will even help with your energy bills, and give your system a longer life.
Energy Efficient, Clean Air & Radiant Heat: The Power of Water
For homes with hot water heating systems, Preferred Air installs and maintains highly efficient boilers. We repair and service all major makes and models — and provide 24-hour emergency service.
What is a Boiler Heating System?
Boiler heating systems have two parts: a boiler that heats and delivers the hot water, and a network of pipes that carries the water through the rooms. The pipes are typically installed in the subflooring, but can also be installed in baseboard heaters and radiators. The hot water evenly radiates heat throughout the room, providing comfortable, high quality heat.
Benefits of a Boiler Heating System
Preferred Air offers condensing boilers that provide the most efficient, environmentally friendly form of heating for hot water baseboard and radiant systems. Thanks to low fuel consumption and lower heating costs, our customers sometimes find that a new boiler can pay for itself in only two to five years.
A well-maintained, good quality boiler can last for decades if it receives regular inspections and servicing. For boiler service, our techs have seen a wide array of boilers of all makes, of all ages, and of all conditions. We will ensure that the repair will be done right — the first time. We’ll do everything possible to provide same-day service, especially in no-heat situations.
Don’t wait until your boiler dies on a freezing winter night. Call us for a no-obligation consultation of your home or business. Contact us to get your questions answered about boiler installation and service. 978-750-8282
At Preferred Air, we believe that maintaining the system that works for you is the best option. That being said, if your furnace is over ten years old, a replacement may be worth considering. Within the past ten years furnaces have improved in efficiency, and replacing an old furnace can save a homeowner up to 50% in heating bills.
Types of Furnaces
How it Works
Although there are different types of furnaces, they generally work by first heating air and then utilizing ductwork to circulate it through your home. Efficiency of a furnace is measured by how much fuel the furnace converts into heat during a year. This is called the annual fuel utilization efficiency or AFUE.
In the 1990s and earlier, furnaces had a 65% or less AFUE. This means that 65 percent of the fuel was converted into heat, while the other 35 percent was lost. Today’s furnaces have a 80% or higher AFUE. This efficiency means the unit uses less fuel and produces less pollution, resulting in a lower cost for you.
Furnace Maintenance Tips
Service is available 24/7
Technicians are polite, respectful, and take pride in their work
No surprises with up-front exact pricing
We serve both residential and commercial clients
More than 32 years of experience in the North Shore area
-L. & P. Flynn
We do our best to respond within 1 business day.